MORE THAN A BED
More Than a Bed (MTaB) is a foster, adoptive, and kinship resource center. We support the families and the children in their homes by providing for practical needs: twin beds, cribs, toddler beds, clothes, toys, shoes, diapers, linens etc. We believe that every child deserves to feel valued, to be safe, and have the opportunity to thrive. MTaB was founded September 2014 by serving five families with toys and clothes. In 2018, we served 720 families (2100 children) and continue to grow at a rate of 30 new families per month.
Volunteers are always needed and appreciated.
- Clothing and toy donations need to be sorted and vetted for cleanliness
- We need muscle to help load beds into the family vehicle, assemble donated cribs, and various other lifting
- We host various events throughout the year and need volunteers to help with the running of those events:
- Parents Night Out – passing out snacks / dinner to the children; hosting games and activities for a particular age group; set-up and tear-down; making decorations
- Teen Prom Event – Teen girls pick out prom / party dresses, get make-up tips, pick out the perfect pair of shoes and other accessories
- Christmas Event – This is where the entire family plays games, wins prizes, takes a special photo with Mr. & Mrs. Santa and each child picks out a new toy of their choice
MTaB is a Qualified Foster Care Charitable Organization (QFCO Code 10032) and cannot exist without the kindness and generosity of our wonderful donors and volunteers.
St. Andrew’s Contact: Cindy Lange