ADVENT SERMON SERIES
The true gift of Christmas is the incarnate presence of God made real through the birth of Jesus. Advent prepares us to receive the true presence of Christ in hope, love, joy and peace. Scripture texts are from the prophet Isaiah and gospel of Matthew, sourced from the Lectionary.
Sundays | 7:30 am, 9:00 am, 10:30 am
November 28 – December 25
The combined music ministry of St. Andrew’s presents the Worship Team, Chancel Choir, Orchestra, Wittman Ringers, St. Andrew’s Sisters, and Children’s Choir in concert, featuring music specifically designed to bring Christ into the center of our Advent season and lead us joyfully and prayerfully into Christmastide. Join us in the Sanctuary at 7:00 pm on December 10 for this glorious event.
Christmas Eve Worship Services
5:00 pm | Family Service
7:00 pm | Contemporary Candlelight Service
9:00 pm | Traditional Candlelight Service
All services will be held in our Sanctuary and can be attended in person or online.
Christmas Day Worship Service
10:00 am | Blended Worship Service
“The Presence of Christmas”
Events of the Season
Ways to Give
Adopt a Family
Adopt a Family is in full swing. During this time many families have substantial needs. There are also many other ways you can participate. You can adopt a family, pick up ornaments in the Gathering Place to purchase, make a financial donation, assist with wrapping of gifts, and delivering gifts to families the week of December 12-16. There is a list of needed gently used items by the Adopt a Family table. The last day to bring in gently used items is December 4. The last day to return purchased gifts is December 11. More information will be coming soon. If you have questions, contact Kristin Enger at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Operation Christmas Child
Each year, our church donates around 200 Operation Christmas Child boxes to Samaritan’s Purse. Boxes and labels will be available before and after each service for you to pick up. Along with items like yoyo’s, school supplies, and coloring books, you might want to include a stuffed animal, hat, t-shirt, puzzle, or flashlight and batteries. They also love receiving pictures and letters from you. Please do not include food, medicines, or liquids of any kind. Most importantly, pray for the child who will receive your box. Samaritan’s Purse asks you to include $10 to cover shipping costs. We will collect boxes before and after services on November 6, 13, and 20. (November 13 is Service Our City, so you can also drop boxes off at the Church Office.) Questions? Contact Kimberly Schmidt at 520-465-6517.
Christmas Joy Offering
Each Christmas season, our Mission Committee chooses one organization to highlight in our giving.
5:00 pm – Family Worship Service
7:00 pm – Contemporary Candlelight Service
9:00 pm – Traditional Candlelight Service
What to Expect
We want you to feel at home right away when you worship with SAPC! So, here are a few things you’ll want to know about our Christmas Eve Services.
IF YOU’RE WORSHIPING IN-PERSON…
- Dress comfortably. Whether it is your coordinating family Christmas best or jeans and flip flops, we encourage you to dress however you feel most comfortable.
- Plan to arrive a bit early. We want you to have time to get settled and find your seat. The Sanctuary will open 30 minutes prior to the start of the service.
- Participate in worship as you feel comfortable. We’ll project song lyrics and readings on the screens in our worship area. The musicians will provide live music for you to enjoy and to help you engage in worship.
- Bring your kids with you to the service. Although childcare will not be available, your kids will enjoy the service as much as you will! Our 5:00 pm Family Service is created with children especially in mind, but children are welcome at all Christmas Eve services.
- Listen to an inspiring message. Pastor Pete will have a powerful message on the first chapter of John, completing our sermon series, “Songs of Christmas.”
- Join in the candlelight. Our 7:00 pm and 9:00 pm services will end in candlelight. Candles will be handed out prior to the service so we can end together in the candlelight. Battery operated candles will be available for children.
IF YOU’RE WORSHIPING ONLINE…
- Plan to tune in a few minutes early. We want you to have time to say hi to the other online worshipers in the chat as well as ensure your stream is connected.
- Let us know you tuned in. Make sure to fill out a connection card so we know you worshiped with us.
- Get comfy. Sit in your favorite chair, make some cocoa, and turn on the Christmas tree lights to get ready to worship.
- Engage in worship. Sing along to your favorite Christmas songs, follow along with the readings, and listen to a message from Pastor Pete about God’s greatest gift.
- Enjoy family time. Turn off the tablets and smartphones (except for the chat feature on the stream), put aside the holiday to-do list, and postpone the presents to spend quality time with God and with your family.
- Join in the candlelight. Our 7:00 pm and 9:00 pm services will end in candlelight. Prepare your candles prior to the service so we can end together in the candlelight.