February 22, 2015
Rev. Dr. Jim Toole
1 Thessalonians 5:17
The Prayer Project
Unceasing Prayer is defined as recurring prayer; it is living in continual God-consciousness, where everything you see and experience becomes a kind of prayer. It is continued conversation with God throughout your daily routine.
Philip Yancey gives three answers to why we should pray without ceasing.
- Prayer is friendship.
- Prayer is a running dialogue.
- Prayer also fosters a passionate alliance with God.
Unceasing Prayer is keeping company with God. It is at times raw, messy, and honest. At other times it is allowing God’s presence in the mundane so the continued conversations help us find our true identity.
- Prayerfully consider signing up for a prayer triad.
- Daily try to be conscious of God’s being with you throughout the day.
- Daily try to have a running dialogue with God.