Rev. Dr. Jim Toole
The Humanity of Jesus
Our sermon series, Recalibrate Christmas, is about doing a broad character study of Who Jesus really is.
- So far we have looked at Jesus as powerful, unpredictable, and good. (Wildness)
- We also saw how Jesus cares for our needs but often wants to go deeper by changing our hearts.
- We also realized it is through the power of the Holy Spirit where we can experience Jesus’ power in our lives.
As we get ready for Christmas in a few days it is important for us to understand the humanity of Jesus. If we are truly going to celebrate Jesus’ birth, the incarnation, then we must look at the depths of what Jesus went through as God incarnate in human flesh.
Jesus hurt and I truly believe he felt the pains of this world. Jesus hungered, thirsted, got tired and lived in the limitations of His humanity.
Theme: Since our God brought His whole self to us we can bring our whole selves to Him as Worship and Celebration.
- It is when we bring our authentic selves in the presence of Jesus we experience restoration and wholeness.
- It is when we bring our authentic selves in the presence of Jesus we experience true joy and celebration.
There is a direct correlation between gratitude and provision. Awareness of our own spiritual poverty and ineptitude causes us to rejoice in the gift of being called out of the darkness into wondrous light.