POSITION: Director of Adult Discipleship
SCOPE: Salaried; 3/4 time
CHURCH: St Andrew's Presbyterian Church - PCUSA, Tucson, AZ 85704
St. Andrew's is an intergenerational community of 1,200+ children, youth, and adults who are discovering God's grace together. We are a church community that desires to be the light of Christ in Northwest Tucson, shining brightly throughout this city as we move out each week into our schools, our places of work and recreation. The members of St. Andrew's are called to be God's Kingdom people and by God's grace we will endeavor to do just that! This is our mission: "To know God, and make God known, through lives transformed by Christ."
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
The Director of Adult Discipleship will work with the Adult Discipleship Committee to discern, plan and carry out spiritual formation opportunities for adults of all ages and life stages including small groups, college age adults, working young adults, parents, couples, singles, men, and women. Our hope is that this position will explore and create new opportunities in addition to those already in place which allow lives to be transformed.
- Chair the ADM committee which meets monthly
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- Identify, recruit, and maintain a viable, active Adult Discipleship Committee
- Work with the ADM committee to create a selection of Sunday School classes for adults throughout the year
- Work with the ADM committee to create practical life/Bible study classes and /or opportunities for singles/young adults, couples, and families
- Identify potential Small Group facilitators, providing resources and monthly oversight as well as coordinating the placement of persons interested in participation
- Work with ADM to continue the facilitation of retreats, marriage ministry and other specialized events
Bachelor's degree; in education or theology preferred
Three to five years experience in related field desirable
Ability to develop and cultivate multi & inter-generational programs
Networking skills and ability to make connections
Strong organizational skills, flexible, and detail oriented
Enthusiastic leader who can engage people and motivate volunteers
Good communicator, comfortable with public speaking
Skilled in using technology for communication and planning
The Director should display a heart for God, knowledge of the Bible and a passion to share the Good News.
The Director is a visible representative of St. Andrew's, and therefore, is expected to witness by word and lifestyle the principles of the Christian faith and to be a role model of Christian leadership.
Interested persons should submit their cover letter and resume to: louiseboostADM@gmail.com by August 25, 2017.